Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
MEIZOKEN Womens Crystal Wedge Sandals Closed Toe Dress shoes Fashion Ankle Buckle Strap Platform Sandals
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Bearpaw Women's Leona Comfort Microsuede, Rubber Sandals
- Gola Active X-Pand Swift Black Womens Running Trail shoes
- American Rag Womens Marlie Open Toe Casual Gladiator Sandals, Maple, Size 6.5
- Wilson Women's Rush Pro HC, White Cherry - 6
- Danner Women's Portland Select Jag Hiking Boot
- IWlxz Women's PU(Polyurethane) Summer Basic Pump Sandals Stiletto Heel Open Toe Rhinestone Almond Wedding Party & Evening Party & Evening
- GEORPE Over The Knee Boots Platform Side Zipper Closed Thin Heels Thigh High shoes
- Betsey Johnson Womens Sb-willa Pointed Toe Flat
- FINDYOU Women Pumps Elegant Sexy Pointed Head Thin High Heels Office Lady shoes
- Ausland Women's Classic Sheepskin Mid-Calf Boots V5825
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.